Home   .   Software   .   Books   .   News   .   Articles   .   Forums   . .
    Forums Home   .   Privacy Policy   .   E-mail Us!    

Go Back   Flagship Technologies Discussion Forums > Product Discussions & Support > FormCalc SST™ for QuickBooks

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
FlagshipTech
Administrator

Default Can FormCalc SST format barcodes?

[Duplicated from email support]

I've been trying desperately to get the Sales Order # in quickbooks to print as a barcode on our pick list (sales order). It would make life easier for our shipping dept. QB however does not like barcodes. The way around it is to use Code39 barcode font and then add an asterisk before and after the sales order # (so that the barcode scanner can read it)
Anyways, would your software http://www.goflagship.com/sst.html allow us to create a field on the sales order (at the top) that is something like this...

="*"+"salesordernumber"+"*"

I'm not a formula guru, that is just a rough example of what I'm after. I need to append the asterisk to the beginning and end of the sales order #

Chris B.
FlagshipTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #2
FlagshipTech
Administrator

Default Re: Can FormCalc SST format barcodes?

Chris,

First, yes, FormCalc SST should be able to prepend and append asterisks to the sales order number. You could do that in a different field of the form's headerm, such as including the FOB field and renaming it "Barcode".

FormCalc SST could copy the number from the Sales Order No. field there, surrounded with asterisks. The formula it would use would be something like:

="*"&B7&"*"

B7 refers to the Sales Order No. field in FormCalc SST's spreadsheet (snapshot of the QuickBooks Sales Order form). You might need to use a different cell reference depending on how the header fields on your form are arranged.

I assume then, you'll apply the barcode font to the FOB field in setting up the Print layout for the form?

Mark Wilsdorf
Flagship Technologies, Inc.
www.goflagship.com
www.QBAgCenter.com
FlagshipTech is offline   Reply With Quote