Home   .   Software   .   Books   .   News   .   Articles   .   Forums   . .
    Forums Home   .   Privacy Policy   .   E-mail Us!    

Go Back   Flagship Technologies Discussion Forums > Product Discussions & Support > FormCalc SST™ for QuickBooks

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
FlagshipTech
Administrator

Default FormCalc SST license question

[Duplicated from email support]

Good Morning,

I am hoping I can get an answer to my question. I'm currently using the free trial period of FormCalc SST. If we decide to purchase the license (we would need 2), How does it work? It is $99 per user on a one-time fee? or is this something we would need to renew on yearly basis?

Does the company offer any training to learn how to use the program other than the User's Guide found online?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,
Ivonne C.
FlagshipTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
FlagshipTech
Administrator

Default Re: FormCalc SST license question

Ivonne,

> How does it work?

Upon purchase, we will email you a UserID and a Registration code. You Copy & Paste these into your existing installs of FormCalc SST, and you're all done--there's nothing else to install or change.

> It is $99 per user on a one-time fee? or is this something we would need to renew on yearly basis?

It's a one-time fee. We have some users of the old FormCalc version who have used it for three or more years without needing to upgrade. And we guarantee that you'll have access to all minor (bug fix, etc.) upgrades for a full year from the date of purchase.

However, from time to time we may do a major version upgrade; usually not more often than every 2 to 3 years. For instance, the old FormCalc product required changes to support Windows 8. For that update we charged a fee--usually about 2/3 of then-current new license price. But users who have not yet moved to Windows 8 are still using their older version, and may continue doing so for as long as they want.

I hope this explains our orientation to licensing, but if you have any questions please reply.

Mark Wilsdorf
Flagship Technologies, Inc.
http://www.goflagship.com

Old 04-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
FlagshipTech
Administrator

Thank you! I can assume that there is no type of webinar training available? For some who's never seen this before. I've been playing with the trial version but don't feel like I've unlocked the potential for what it can do for us.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
FlagshipTech
Administrator

Ivonne,

No, sorry, no Webinar. But just this week we put up a new video--or actually, two different versions of it. The new video is about shipping weight calculations but demonstrates a lot of FormCalc SST techniques like using trigger Items to control where calculations appear, and how to format results for QuickBooks.

(1) The interactive version (best because it gives you control over how much time you have to view what's on the screen) is at the bottom of this page on our Web site: http://www.goflagship.com/products/sst.htm

(2) The YouTube version is the same but plays continuously (no interaction): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPqoxxMZXIM

Also, in case you haven't noticed them please view the Problem Solved examples, which are found in the FormCalc SST Help system and also here: http://www.goflagship.com/products/sstprobsolv.htm

And of course if you have specific questions, please ask us at: support@goflagship.com

One more thing: we are glad to provide fee-based FormCalc SST setup if you need it.

Mark Wilsdorf
Old 04-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
MadDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagshipTech View Post
Ivonne,

> How does it work?

Upon purchase, we will email you a UserID and a Registration code. You Copy & Paste these into your existing installs of FormCalc SST, and you're all done--there's nothing else to install or change.

> It is $99 per user on a one-time fee? or is this something we would need to renew on yearly basis?

It's a one-time fee. We have some users of the old FormCalc version who have used it for three or more years without needing to upgrade. And we guarantee that you'll have access to all minor (bug fix, etc.) upgrades for a full year from the date of purchase.

However, from time to time we may do a major version upgrade; usually not more often than every 2 to 3 years. For instance, the old FormCalc product required changes to support Windows 8. For that update we charged a fee--usually about 2/3 of then-current new license price. But users who have not yet moved to Windows 8 are still using their older version, and may continue doing so for as long as they want.

I hope this explains our orientation to licensing, but if you have any questions please reply.

Mark Wilsdorf

A follow-up please.... We're on QBE with 10 users, and haven't decided yet to purchase FormCalc SST. I'm the only one that will be modifying our SO, Invoice, and Purchase Order forms for weights, but do want the other users to have the weights show when they print the forms. Will I have to buy a License for each user that needs to print the forms?
MadDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
FlagshipTech
Administrator

No. The calculations provided by FormCalc SST are saved with the form and viewable by anyone regardless of whether they have a FormCalc SST license.

You only need licenses for people who are entering or editing data which requires calculations to be done.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #7
MadDave

Thanks much. We'll be ordering this next week!
MadDave is offline   Reply With Quote